RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Applicants should be 18 years and above
- Applicants must pass an interview and security clearance to be accepted for any position
- Volunteers will receive a certificate of appreciation after the completion of volunteering hours
- Duration of volunteering will be set upon agreement between the manager and the volunteer and as per the business need
- All work ethics and code of conduct for the organization is applicable to volunteers
What is the time commitment for volunteering?
- A volunteer has to achieve a minimum of 30 hours during 5 working days to be able to acquire a certificate of appreciation.
- The maximum duration is 40 working days, and it can be renewed upon agreement for one time only between the concerned department and the volunteer.
- The total volunteering hours during the day, will be upon agreement between the line manager and the volunteer.
Areas open for Volunteers
Some of the opportunities for volunteers include:
- Animal Care: helping staff to take care of animals, animal food receiving and handling laboratory samples.
- Animal Conservation: educating guests about wildlife conservation and help the team in conducting awareness workshops.
- Guest Services: Tour Guiding, greeting guests, answering guest questions, and conducting surveys.
- Zoo Events: assisting Events team with various conservation and community events throughout the year.
- Other Departments: Human Resources, General Services, Marketing & Corporate Communication.