What is this Service?
It is a free ticket called “Environmental Researcher” Its main goal is to encourage reading and support
academic researching for all students, academics, and researchers by facilitating a free-of-charge visit
to our “Research Centre” located in the Sheikh Zayed Desert Learning Centre.
- Supporting environmental research through providing specialized environmental references.
- Utilizing all the Research Centre services, its holdings, and facilities in a quite inspiring environment.
- Encouraging students to read and learn.
- Increase the number of beneficiaries of the services provided by the Research Centre.
Who Can Benefit from the Service:
- School Students
- University Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Members of the teaching and administration in schools, institutes, and universities
What is the “Research Centre”?
One of the UAE’s largest libraries that are specialized in environmental sciences and studies.
The centre contains more than 11,000 printed sources in addition to hundreds of thousands of
electronic resources related to the environment and its sciences.
The services provided in the Research Centre:
- Reference services.
E-Library (Click here to register for free)
Environmental Researcher Service
Reading corner (general non-environmental books)
- Quiet and comfortable places for reading.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Printing and copying services.
- Search and assistance services (Click here to contact)
- Online library catalog for printed and electronic books (Click here to view)
How do I register for the Environmental Researcher service?
- Fill out the “visit request form” at least two days before the date of visit (Click here)
- If your request is accepted, you will receive a confirmation reply via your e-mail.
- When you come to the Al Ain zoo gate at the date & time recorded in the request,
your information and date of visit will be verified at the ticket office and your ticket will be issued.
- After receiving your ticket, you will head directly to the Research Centre located
at the Sheikh Zayed Desert Learning Centre.
- The Research Centre team will verify the entry process in coordination with the ticket office,
and if you failed to attend, you will be notified by e-mail of a one-month denial of this service.
Borrowing Terms & conditions:
- The borrower must adhere to the borrowing period allowed in the borrowing policy.
- The research centre will send a reminder to the borrower to return the borrowed books on time or to request their renewal.
- In case of delay in returning, a fine will be imposed on the borrower after one week delay in the amount of 10 dirhams for each day on each book.
- When any borrowed material is lost or destroyed, the borrower must pay the price of this material according to what is registered in the borrowing system,
and if the price is not known, the borrower will be obligated to pay 100 dirhams for each material.
- The borrowed materials are renewed by attending in person to the research centre to request renewal or by sending an email to the research centre in this regard,
or personally through the borrower’s account on the library system.
For more information
Email Address Research.email@example.com Phone numbers
- Call centre: 800966
- Direct number: 039772411
Register Now For the Enviromental Researcher!